Monday, December 21, 2009

The Road So Far...

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down on green pasture, He leads me besides quiet water."

This verse is so nice that in whatever circumstances that I am in, the Lord will always point out the road for me to take, because He knows the place that fits me perfectly. It is good.

"He will guide me in path of righteousness, for His name's sake."

Yes, for a Christian, we are to walk in the way of light, just to bring glory and honor to God. The Lord will let us rest before we continue on our journey. So, it is for us to know that, rest is not for us to be lazy, but it is for us to walk a further distance.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Yes, the Lord never promise us that the road will be a straight and trouble-free, but He does promise us that, we will eventually win over all of the obstacles through the grace and power of His. Indeed, what we are to fear when we know that the Lord, who is omnipower and creates everything, is with us? Nothing except He Himself.

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You annoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Again, the Lord will provide our needs and even rest when we are in trouble. The action that the Lord annoint us is so encouraging that, we, are little yet precious to His eyes. Of course, when we are with God, good things tend to happen more because God will bless us. Lastly, I will surely worship Him and hugging His feet in His house, forever.

This is how I read this passage, and I have to keep remind myself that I have to be with the Lord because things of the world entangle us so easily. I still have quite a long race to run on, I just can not stop when Adam, Abraham, Elijah, King David, Peter, Paul and Jesus keep on cheering for me, but I suppose a rest is ok. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment